Curried Coconut Shrimp and Corn Soup
Looking for a delightful, light-but-creamy soup? This curried coconut shrimp and corn soup is absolutely delicious, refreshing... and did we mention healthy?
Recipe courtesy of Heather Carey. Original post can be found here.
SPICES: Ground Cumin, Ground Coriander, Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cut into a 1/2-inch dice
- 6 cups corn (from about 8 ears fresh or you can use frozen)
- 2 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion with the salt and pepper, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, and corn and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, broth, cumin, coriander and curry powder. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer. Cook for another 15 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the shrimp and simmer until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Adjust the salt and pepper if needed and serve hot.
Note: for the pureed version, blend the soup before adding the shrimp. You can also puree half the soup to simply thicken it up.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.